Torquay Doctors and Craignish Doctors recognise the valuable role that practice nurses play in assisting with primary health care delivery. We have highly skilled nurses who work across both clinics. During opening hours we always ensure that we at least one nurse available. They are here to assist you with any questions regarding wound care, general medical enquiries and women’s health issues. Some typical daily tasks of the practice nurses: administering immunisations, assisting with minor procedures, discussing and reviewing test results with patients, writing up patient referrals, providing chronic illness patients with maintenance care plans, assisting with supply stock and order activities, organising appointments and bringing patients in for check-ups and vital care.
Pharmacist in General Practice:
Torquay Doctors and Craignish Doctors employs a non-dispensing Pharmacist in General Practice that make a real difference in the lives of our patients. This role:
- Contributes to the development and implementation of innovative models of care to improve patient outcomes
- Assists in the development and review of care plans for patients with chronic conditions
- Conducts health assessments and coordinate care for patients with complex needs
- Conducts medication reviews and provide advice to patients and healthcare professionals on medication management
- Develops and implements medication management plans in collaboration with the general practitioner and other healthcare professionals
- Facilitates case conferencing with general practitioner, non-GP specialists, practice nurse, and other allied health professionals
- Provide education and training to patients and healthcare professionals on medication management and safe use of medications.